- ¼ cup butter (may substitute with avocado oil or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups thinly sliced apples
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Cream together first 4 ingredients.
- Combine next 5 ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix until blended and add apples and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle a little more cinnamon and sugar on top before baking
- Put into greased 8" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
OPTIONAL: add in chopped walnuts, sprinkle top of cake with almond flour before baking.